Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just a little slice of heaven!

It's Tuesday morning and I'm sitting here drinking my big 'ole cup of coffee and enjoying the peace and quiet of an empty/sleeping house.  The boys are all gone to school, Mike's at work and as a rare treat, Rachael is still snoozing.

Again, I have a huge list of things to do and I won't bore you with the details, but I can't help but enjoy this little bit of peace.  I have the window behind me open and the robins are singing as the cool, fresh, Spring air fills my house.  In the distance, I can hear the hum of the traffic on the highway, but it's peaceful and I don't get that too often.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of peace in such a hectic life.  Thank you for sleeping children and a quiet house.  It's little things like this that are so precious sometimes.  Thank you for coffee, Lord, and a chance to marvel at what you have created!

No comments:

Post a Comment