Friday, March 2, 2012

Why?

So... another blog.  What makes this one so special that you should read it?  Nothing really.  How about that.  Nothing.  There is nothing special about me. I live in an ordinary house, in an ordinary neighborhood.  I have a dog, a husband and kids.  I work a part-time job, am not the best housekeeper and have joys and trials, just like every other ordinary person.

Maybe this is what sets me apart.  I'm ordinary.  It's ok to be ordinary!  It's good to know that there are other people out there facing the same issues I am. It gives me hope and it gives me comfort.

Why Living Light?  Well, when I first felt the tuggings to write, I thought I'd write about my journey in weight loss, but then what?  Well, I asked God to help me because I'm not very creative in thinking of titles for things and He put Ephesians 5:8 into my head and I went and looked...
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.  Live as children of light." (NIV)
I thought, "WOW!" I can do this.  I strive to live my life in a way that God has intended for me and to let my light shine.  I don't consider myself a person who is going to chase you down, waving my Bible in your face, but I do try to live my life according to the teachings of Jesus and I fail every. single. day.

The great thing about that is that it's alright.  I pick myself up, dust myself off, say a little prayer and start over.  Again and again.  I'm forgiven and I find hope in that.  If I can find hope in that, I hope others can too.  So this blog is to pour out my jumbled thoughts.  To share things that amuse me or are just too good not to share.

I do plan on sharing about my weight loss journey, but this has the potential to be so much more.  So much deeper and meaningful.  If you decide to join me on the journey, great!  If not, that's alright, too.

So are we ready?  I think so!  Take a deep breath, hold your nose and dive in.  It might be kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment